Treacy Information has developed and presented a wide range of digital inclusion classes. We have worked with Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Authorities and others to offer digital marketing classes to small businesses. Below is a series of classes that we recently offered in 10 small towns around Minnesota.
Ann Treacy (founder of Treacy Info) has taught in a range of positions from Pre-K to graduate school. Ann taught English as Second language to all ages in Spain, was the computer teach at a K8 grade school, taught English classes to undergraduates and taught at the Master of Library and Information Science program at the University of St Catherine.
Digital Marketing for Small Businesses
Thanks to the Blandin Foundation for the unique opportunity to provide web development and web developer training in select Minnesota Communities. The goal is twofold:
- Help local businesses develop a website and a plan for online marketing
- Work with a handful of locals who are interested in taking it a step further to become web developers or take their business online marketing plan to the next level
Here is the proposed schedule (to happen on consecutive days):
Day One (for everyone):
- Build a website (using WordPress)
- Online marketing
- Selling Online
Day Two (for folks interested in taking it further):
- Practice lessons from previous day
- Talk about future training (with locals as trainers)
- Topics will be flexible to meet local need
I did a series of classes similar to Day One of this series about 6 years ago. We ended up running it four times in one community over a summer. Everyone built a successful website! The tools available now are better and easier to use. The opportunity for business growth is greater. (One attendee of the marketing class saw their monthly income go from $400 to more than $10,000 – that result is not guaranteed!)